The Fine Arts Institute is Edmond's non-profit community arts organization offering educational enrichment for adults and children in the visual and performing arts.
Fine Arts Institute of Edmond
P.O. Box 311
Edmond, OK 73083
View Map >>
The Fine Arts Institute is the place for creativity and excitement. We are a nonprofit community arts organization offering educational enrichment for adults and children in visual and performing arts. We serve all ages, all stages.
Our Mission Statement
Fine Arts Institute is Edmond Oklahoma's non-profit community arts organization offering educational enrichment to youth and adults in the visual and performing arts.
The Fine Arts Institute knows creativity thrives through diversity. All
Classes are open to students pre-school through adults, regardless of
race, color, creed or disability.
- Class sizes are limited. Call early to reserve your spot.
- Materials: The Institute provides all materials unless indicated in the class description.
- Tuition: TUITION DUE UPON ENROLLMENT. We accept checks, cash, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Only after payment is received, is enrollment guaranteed. Enrolled students are expected to attend all classes. No makeup classes are offered for student absences. Class tuition will not be prorated. A $25 service fee will be charged for returned checks. Occasionally, an instructor might have an emergency and must miss class. Should this occur, the instructor will make up the class at an alternate time convenient for the instructor and students. FAI reserves the right to substitute instructors. Students will be notified if time allows.
- Refunds: If a class is cancelled due to weather, no make-up class will be offered. A $10 administrative fee will be charged for all class cancellations by student. Class credit or refund may be issued if a student drops a class 3 days prior to the first day of class. No refunds or credits shall be issued once a class begins. All FAI classes are based on a minimum of 5 students. Should the class not reach the minimum of 5 students, the FAI reserves the right to cancel the class and all students will receive a full refund or credit.
- Discount: A $100 membership to the Fine Arts Institute allows students a 10% discount on classes. Join today!
Please do not drop off students more than 5 minutes prior to a class starting. Please pick up students promptly. Thank you for your cooperation.
POLICY ~ PLEASE READ!
YOUR CHILD'S SAFETY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO FAI STAFF AND TEACHERS!
The Fine Arts Institute requires all children 8 years old or younger to be escorted into the building and to their art / drama class by a parent or legal guardian. The FAI now requires a parent or legal guardian to sign your child in before each class. Regardless of age, please do not leave your child more than 5 minutes prior to the class starting time, and please pick your child up promptly after the class has ended. The FAI does not provide before or after care for art classes. We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.
Parents & Students
Occasionally students' photos are taken for publicity purposes. Please let us know if this is not agreeable.
We encourage FAI children to do their own work. FAI policy is that parents do not join children in the classroom. Thank you for understanding.
The Fine Arts Institute of Edmond is housed in its own 8,000 square foot beautiful building in a great location across
the street north from the downtown post office. Over 2,800 students took in-house classes during 2012-13. Class curriculum includes: drawing, painting, clay, pottery, early music education, theatre arts, mixed media, printmaking, jewelry design,
seasonal art and more.
The FAI sponsors the Edmond Youth Chorus, two children’s plays, a statewide Youth Impressions juried art show and features a new exhibit each month in its gallery.
The FAI is a financially sound and well respected non profit organization. Strong partnerships, expanding cultural programming and strong enrollment continues. The Edmond community has embraced the FAI for over 29 years with students and corporate and individual patrons.
Led by an outstanding board of directors of Edmond’s finest leaders, a talented and certified faculty, and dedicated staff, the FAI looks to the future to continue to provide cultural enrichment for our community.